Web Banking Login
Web Banking - Troubleshooting Tips
When you are dealing with the internet you will encounter many variables. Some variables we have discovered will cause Web Banking functionality to not work correctly. Below is a list of variables that may cause problems with Web Banking.
- Using the navigation buttons (forward and backward arrows) instead of the Web Banking buttons.
- Leaving that web browser open for a long period of time and then logging on to web banking again.
- Not letting the system work by being impatient and clicking around in the application when the page is loading.
- Using the X to end the session instead of choosing LOG OUT.
- Not closing completely out of your web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape, and others) after using web banking before logging back into web banking again.
- Not answering and selecting both question and picture before hitting submit.
- Not answering your question correctly. Spaces, commas, etc. need to be entered if they were put in the original answer. Upper and lower case does NOT matter.
- Not entering your user id and password correctly.
Your new Password must:
- ... be at least 8 characters long.
- ... meet three of the four following requirements:
- contain one uppercase letter (A - Z).
- contain one lowercase letter (a - z).
- contain 1 number (0 - 9).
- contain one non-alphabetic character (i.e. !, @, #, $, %).
- ... not be longer than 15 characters.
- ... not contain more than two consecutive characters from your user ID or full name (i.e. if your name is "Jonathan", you cannot have "ath" in your password).
- ... not use spaces, apostrophes (') or angle brackets (< >).
abcde1 is not the same as ABCDE1.
- Make sure you are using the latest brower technology and upgrade when new versions come out. Examples are: Internet Explorer 11, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera
- If you are using our e-Statement service or e-Notice service, you will need Adobe Reader installed on your PC. There is a link on our Web Banking site when entering our e-Statements and e-Notice area to download this software.
- Load Java onto your PC: http://java.com This is a programming language that powers programs such as utilities, games and business applications in which we use. It's free and when kept updated will improve performance and stability.
- If items are not displaying correctly when logging into web banking, it could be the compatibility view settings. This Micosoft's support article discribes what to do: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2536204